- By entering the COVID-19 Idea Sprint with the Government Technology Agency, you are agreeing to the Devpost Terms of Service for Hackathons (https://info.devpost.com/terms) and the Official Rules listed below. The Devpost Terms of Service for Hackathons (insofar as they apply to GovTech and the participant), and these Official Rules (inclusive of the CLA below) shall be collectively referred to as the “Agreement” and shall be binding on you and GovTech. For the avoidance of doubt, terms in the Devpost Terms of Service for Hackathons which benefit GovTech shall be enforceable by GovTech as if they were incorporated into the Agreement. The terms and conditions of Official Rules may change at any time at GovTech’s sole and absolute discretion, and unless stated by GovTech, such changes shall be to have taken effect from the commencement of this Idea Sprint. Changes to the Official Rules may be effected by GovTech by publication on the Idea Sprint website or by email to you.
- These Official Rules do not prejudice GovTech’s rights under the Devpost terms, and shall be in addition to GovTech’s rights under the same. In the event of any inconsistency between the Devpost terms and Official Rules, the terms more favourable to GovTech shall (and GovTech shall have the sole and absolute discretion to determine which term is more favourable to it).
B. Submission Requirements
In these Official Rules, “submissions” includes any software code and other materials, including associated documentation.
- Submissions are required to include a project name, short description, and the teammates involved. They should also indicate which problem the submission is supposed to solve. At minimum, submissions should contain an explanation of the solution, and ideally also include a design, prototype, analysis, or simulation with a proposal of what next steps could be taken to implement the project. Each participant shall be at least 18 years of age at the time of the submission. Each participant may, at GovTech’s reasonable request, be required to furnish additional details or proof of identity from time to time.
- Participants are welcome to share Github repositories and video explanations where relevant. These should be submitted as links directly to Github repositories (please make them public) and publicly viewable video hosting services (e.g. YouTube). Feel free to use any tech stack of your choice. Any additional files should be included in the submission as a single file or zip.
- Submissions will be accepted from 5:30pm on 8 May 2020 to 12:00pm on 22 May 2020 SGT. Note that the Idea Sprint (and therefore the submission deadline) may be extended or shortened, at GovTech’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Please note that we are not obligated to follow-up with any of the submissions beyond the COVID-19 Idea Sprint.
- All participants with an interest in helping the Singapore government address the COVID-19 crisis are eligible to participate in the COVID-19 Idea Sprint.
C. Code of Conduct
- All participants are expected to respect other participants, organisers, and agency representatives and will be held to the highest ethical standards. Harassment of participants, explicit content, submissions and remarks that do not fall within the spirit of collaboration towards public good will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to remove any submissions, comments, and participants that breach this code of conduct.
D. Sharing and Use of Submissions
All Submissions from participants are subject to the terms of the Contributor Licence Agreement (“CLA”) stated in the Annex, and by making a Submission, you agree to the terms of the CLA. If the participants are submitting their Submissions as part of a team, then each member of the team shall be jointly and severally responsible for compliance with the terms of the CLA. If you are a GovTech employee or contractor, you continue to be bound by the terms of your employment or your contract provided that in the event of inconsistency between such employment/contract and the CLA, the terms more favourable to GovTech shall prevail (and GovTech shall have the sole and absolute discretion to determine which term is more favourable to it).
- The terms of the CLA shall entirely supersede all agreements, contracts, or licences offered or prepared by you or on your behalf in respect of the Submission. For the avoidance of doubt, the CLA entirely supersedes all agreements, contracts or licences applying or purporting to apply to a Submission located in a code repository. However, third party licence(s) or other restrictions that (a) have been highlighted by you specifically to GovTech in your project description pursuant to paragraph 4 above and (b) are imposed by third parties will not be superseded by the CLA. If the third party licence or restriction permits you to distribute or sublicence the third party component under the terms of the CLA, then you are deemed to have done so. If you fail to comply with this paragraph concerning third party licences/restrictions, GovTech shall be entitled to treat the Submission as your original work and licensed to GovTech under the terms of the CLA.
- We reserve the right to share information on Submissions and participating teams/individuals with other parties, as well as to use submissions for any marketing or publicity purposes. Each participant consents to participate in the publicity activities of GovTech in relation to the COVID-19 Idea Sprint without any payment or compensation thereof.
Each participant consents to the disclosure of his/her name and other details as submitted, as the case may be, for administering the Idea Sprint and/or for publicity purposes. Each participant consents to the use of any idea provided by such participant for any publicity effort by GovTech or by any third party acting on behalf of GovTech, without any payment or compensation thereof, including for displaying the participant’s idea on any media, community space, media release, media stories or posting on newsletters and online social media channels.
- GovTech and other Singapore public sector agencies shall also not be liable to you or any third party for any damage or loss of any kind whatsoever and howsoever caused, including but not limited to any direct or indirect, special or consequential damages, loss of income, revenue or profits, lost or damaged data, or damage to your property, whether arising directly or indirectly from your participation in the Idea Sprint, or arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, regardless of whether GovTech and/or the Singapore public sector agencies have been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, GovTech and the Singapore public sector agencies do not make any representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever in relation to the Idea Sprint or this Agreement and hereby disclaims all express, implied and/or statutory warranties of any kind to you or any third party, whether arising from usage or custom or trade or by operation of law or otherwise.
- You shall not rely on any part of the Agreement to claim or assert any form of legitimate expectation against GovTech or the Singapore public sector agencies, whether or not arising out of or in connection with their roles and functions as a public authority.
- Each participant shall keep GovTech and the Singapore public sector agencies fully indemnified against all losses, actions, liabilities, claims, proceedings, costs and damages arising out of any breach of the terms of the Agreement.
- Nothing in this Agreement creates any relationship of agency, partnership, joint venture or other similar relationship between the participant and GovTech of the Singapore public sector agencies.
F. Rights of third parties
- Save for the Singapore public sector agencies, a person who is not party to this Agreement shall have no rights under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act to enforce any of the terms herein.
G. Governing law and jurisdiction
- The Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Agreement, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC Rules”) for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this clause. The seat of arbitration shall be Singapore. The Tribunal shall consist of one (1) arbitrator. The language of arbitration shall be English.
Contributor Licence Agreement
This Contributor Licence Agreement (“CLA”) is made by the person making a submission pursuant to the COVID-19 Idea Sprint hackathon (“Hackathon”) posted, organized or run by the Government Technology Agency of Singapore (“GovTech”). This CLA constitutes the person’s unconditional agreement to the provisions herein concerning the Submission to GovTech in consideration for the opportunity to participate in the Hackathon and the sum of One Singapore Dollar (S$1), the receipt, adequacy and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged by You.
“You” / “Your” refers to the individual identified above. “Contribution” means any software code submitted by You to GovTech under this CLA or pursuant to, for or under the Hackathon. “Project” means any project owned or managed by GovTech in which software code is provided. “Submission” means Your Contribution(s) and any other materials submitted by You, including any associated documentation.
- Grant of copyright licence
You hereby grant to GovTech and those who may receive the Submission directly or indirectly from GovTech, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright licence to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute the Submission and such derivative works, and to sublicense any or all of the foresaid rights to third parties.
- Grant of patent licence
You hereby grant to GovTech and those who may receive the Submission directly or indirectly from GovTech, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicensable, licence under Your patent claims that are necessarily infringed by the Submission or the combination of the Submission with the Project to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, or otherwise dispose of the Submission alone or with the Project.
- Representations and warranties
You represent that You are legally entitled to grant the above copyright and patent licences. You represent that every Submission is Your original work and includes complete details of any third-party licence(s) or other restriction(s) which may be associated with any part of the Submission. You are not expected to provide support for the Submission, except to the extent You choose to do so. Unless required by applicable law, and except as agreed or represented in this CLA, You provide the Submission on an “as is” basis, without warranties of any kind, including without limitation, any warranty of title, non-infringement, or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Notice to GovTech
You agree and undertake to notify GovTech without delay of any facts or circumstances of which You subsequently become aware that may make Your representations in this CLA inaccurate in any respect.
You agree that information about the Submission, including Your name and other information You choose to submit with the Submission, may be publicly disclosed by GovTech or those who may receive the Submission directly or indirectly from GovTech.